21 April 2021Aberdeenshire, Ayrshire, Borders, Dumfries & Galloway, Edinburgh & Lothians, Fife, Forth Valley, Glasgow & Clyde Valley, Highlands & Islands, Tayside, UK and International
Venue: Online event
Time: 15:00 to 17:00
Now in its sixth year, the Scottish Knowledge Exchange Awards celebrate the exceptional work achieved through academic and business partnerships.
Hosted by Interface the Awards ceremony will be held online on World Creativity and Innovation Day #WCID.
Keynote Speaker: Dr Nicola Millard, Principal Innovation Partner at BT for Global Business
Described as “human caffeine” on Twitter, Dr Nicola Millard injects a positive, people-centred expresso shot to innovation and future strategy. Half social scientist, half technologist, all academic, she uses techniques from disciplines such as design thinking, psychology, anthropology, computing, and business consulting to generate data, provocations and stories which can engage and create conversations from the board room, to the front line. No frothy coffee; just solid research.
- Professor Andrea Nolan OBE, Chair of Interface Strategic Board, Principal and Vice-Chancellor of Edinburgh Napier University
- Dr Siobhan Jordan, Director, Interface
- Dr Connor Blair, postdoctoral researcher at the University of Glasgow and the Chief Scientific Officer (and co-founder) of DisruptyX Therapeutics
- Petra Crocker, Global Re-Engagement Marketing Manager at Skyscanner
- Mike Cantlay OBE, Chair, Scottish Funding Council
Winners will be announced across eight categories – the largest number yet – from businesses, public sector organisations, third sector, universities, research institutes and colleges that are in leading the way towards economic growth, societal improvements and environmental advances in Scotland and beyond.
The categories are:
- COVID-19 Collaboration Response
- Innovation of the Year, sponsored by Marks & Clerk
- Innovator of the Future, sponsored by SCI
- Knowledge Exchange Champion, sponsored by SCI
- Knowledge Exchange Heroes
- Making a Difference
- Multiparty Collaboration
- Powerful Partnership
Registraton is now closed