Scheme at a glance
- The scheme is aimed at building on existing relationships between SMEs and HEIs in Scotland.
- The company must have suitable premises to host a student for the duration of the project.
- Only SMEs that have had a successful SFC Standard Innovation Voucher award are eligible to apply.
- The company contributes an equal value in cash or in kind (such as staff time, materials or equipment) or a combination of both.
- The company should identify a clearly defined issue or opportunity that will benefit from PhD/Masters student interaction within their business and offer skills and talent development for the postgraduate student.
- Student Placement Innovation Voucher Application Form – (Form to be jointly completed by the Company and University/College and formally submitted by the relevant Academic Organisation)
Extensive guidance is available to help complete the Student Placement Innovation Voucher Application Form
- Step by Step Guide – (Provides assistance on a Question by Question basis on how to complete the Application Form)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – (Details the Application Process/Eligibility Criteria/Explanation of De minimis/Explanation of Intellectual Property/Project Change Issues etc)
Stages of application
- SME and academic partner discuss idea/scope/eligibility/contract/risk following successful completion of Standard Innovation Voucher, in particular the hosting arrangements for the student at the business premises.
- Clarify any queries on eligibility via firstname.lastname@example.org
- SME and academic partner complete application form and send to email@example.com
- Due diligence by Interface which may seek further clarification prior to submission to Scottish Funding Council.
- Scottish Funding Council assesses the application and communicates a decision by email to academic partner.
- Contract is put in place between academic partner and business ahead of collaborative project commencing.
- Final report is produced on completion of the close out meeting and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- On receipt of the final report the Scottish Funding Council makes payment to the academic partner.