Interface facilitates Social Enterprise Support and Third Sector Support
Social Enterprises and organisations in the Third Sector play a crucial part in Scotland's economy. As with other sectors, Interface are able to provide Social Enterprise support, and Third Sector support so people working within these industries can benefit from academic research and expertise. Interface are able to facilitate partnerships with Scottish higher education institutes to help develop your product, service or idea.
How we can help
If you are an organisation looking to improve your societal and environmental reach academia could be a starting point for you to re-evaluate, streamline and improve your product or service. Recent Third Sector and Social Enterprise support projects have seen companies looking to academia for expertise, technologies and facilities including:
- Software & Computer Services – access the latest research and activity in 3D modelling and motion capture to engage your audience
- Performing arts – Have you considered using arts and culture as a means of social regeneration?
- Design – Did you know that universities, research institutes and colleges have the latest facilities to help with design and prototyping?
- Ethics and policy – knowledge of the regulatory pitfalls, current opinion and policy
- Mobile networks, devices and security - exploring not just the technology but how people interact with it and how it impacts society
- Market Research – accounting and financial markets research to create practical application of accounting, finance and investment
Social Enterprise Support - Case Studies
- Floco paired with Heriot Watt University, University of Stirling
Floco is a mission driven company that manufactures and sells reusable sanitary pads and provides menstrual health education. Through their collaboration with Heriot Watt and University of Stirling, they were able to trial and develop their product. Read the full Case Study here.
- NjordFrey paired with University of West Scotland
NjordFrey, established and registered in Rwanda in 2018 as a social enterprise, offers advanced farming solutions to developing farmers in Rwanda, so that they may decrease levels of malnutrition within their immediate community while experiencing stable economic growth. Through their collaboration they were successful in receiving an Innovate UK grant of almost £300k to collaborate on an 18-month project. Read the full Case Study here.
Third Sector Support – Case Studies
- Bright Light Relationship Counselling paired with The University of Edinburgh
Bright Light Relationship Counselling is a charity that provides counselling, family therapy support, sex therapy, life skills coaching to young people, and counselling in schools. They approached Interface, looking for a university or further education student to compile a feasibility/business plan. Read the full Case Study here.
- Solar Bear paired with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
Solar Bear is an award winning multi discipline theatre company based in Glasgow. Their aim is to produce inclusive theatre that is pioneering and accessible to performers and audiences alike. Solar Bear worked with Interface and the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland to promote access and engagement opportunities for deaf individuals. Read the full Case Study here.
Turning your concept into reality, no matter your sector or what material you have designed your product for, is possible through the vast range of specialist facilities and supporting technical resource. Explore some options which may be of benefit if you are looking for third sector support, or social enterprise support:
- Multimedia Studios - Dedicated studio facilities for video and audio production offer up-to-date digital industry standard equipment including purpose built newsrooms and acoustic labs.
- Manufacturing - Our HEI's can help with manufacturing research & development by testing and developing different processes and techniques.
- Virtual Reality - Virtual reality is a rapidly growing industry and Scotland has cutting edge facilities to support research and product development across sectors such as gaming, medicine and training.
Interface Free and Impartial Services
For further information and to find out how Interface can help with your product, service or idea simply contact us. A member of our Business Engagement team would be delighted to help.